Saturday, April 2, 2011

Snorkling with Obama (A Dream)


Today is Saturday and that means fun!  So I wanted to post an APL song that is pure fun.  And that would be 'Snorkling with Obama (A Dream)', from The Croakies album.  (Get ready for some fun!)


Adam and Cousin Tim Doing Their Thing
 This song, especially at the end, has always reminded me a little of Barry Manilow, performing 'Copacobana' on stage, with his feathered boases just flying!  And the beginning takes me back to Highlands and The Best CD in the World, and the 'Potato Farmer Oratorio', which has always been one of my favorite songs for its wild zaniness. 

The question you have to ask is: did somebody slip something into Adam's drink before he wrote this song?  Or was he just spending too much time with his cousin Tim?

One more thing: if you don't happen to like Obama, don't worry about it, because this song has absolutely nothing to do with Obama, that I can tell!

Lyrics:
Various dream dialogue

I have every word of it, I have every word written down
just in case you come to cop that dream from me

Dialogue

Oh, say where we going?
Take me the center of this dreamscape
Happy time's much more pleasant
in the present landscape
where the kangaroos, the cockatoos, Maya Angelou
all reading from the pages of the National Review.

Come again another night.

We got in the car and left the Italian Villa behind us, turned on the radio and there was some strange progressive folk on.
Coming up we saw the lights of the disco,
I said "Everybody, Let's Go Dancing!"
"Alright!"

I have every word written down.

Wake up honey.
I'll come again another night.

No comments:

Post a Comment