Thursday, March 24, 2011

Why I Created This Blog

I've decided to create this blog so that I can collect in one place the songs of my son Adam Paul Lindquist, aka APL.  In addition, I'm going to offer my 'take' on his songs and give you some background on how they came to be, from the unique perspective I've had as his father.  Hopefully, these comments will increase your understanding and enjoyment of the music of APL

Adam and Dad, The Castle, 1983
I ran the idea of this project by Adam, just to make sure that he didn't find it objectionable.  And while I'm not sure that he was as enthusiastic about it as me, he said it was okay for me to go ahead.  I wanted you all to know that, because I'm doing this on my own initiative but with Adam's permission. 

I'm doing this because I am arguably Adam's #1 fan (though I'm sure his mother would take issue with that)!  No one could have listened more to his music, or gotten more out of it, than me. 

I began this project on Facebook (and will continue it there), but I found that this blog will be a better place to centrally locate each of the daily songs and comments.  So, thank you Blogger.com!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Carl for doing this...what a treasure! You are a great Dad!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure my son would be reticent of the idea of me interpreting his songs. But, you have definitely thought out much of what you say and many of your reviews are print quality, in my opinion. I look forward to the daily song. It has definitely gotten me into listening to more of APL's songs. Shery and I still enjoy the CD you gave us.

    ReplyDelete